Do you love people, pasta and all things delicious and Italian? We just might be the job for you!
At ZARA’S Italian Deli we have been making and selling fresh pasta and assorted antipasti in the Granville Island Public Market for over 30 years. We are currently looking for new team members for FULL or PART-TIME Deli Counter Customer Service positions.
DELI COUNTER CUSTOMER SERVICE
● product knowledge (some experience with or knowledge of Italian/Mediterranean food is an asset)
● weighing and packaging customer purchases,
● point of sale transactions,
● maintaining deli display fullness, presentation and cleanliness throughout the day,
● receiving daily deliveries and merchandising,
● light cleaning tasks to maintain work stations, deli display and overall cleanliness of the store.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES FOR THESE POSITIONS
● posses a passion and knowledge for food,
● motivated, mature and flexible (available to work weekends, holidays and closing shifts as late as 7:00p.m.),
● able to take initiative and direction,
● committed to providing a high level of customer service,
● able to work as a team.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT?
● Industry competitive wage – We pay more!
● Productivity based bonus’.
● Significant product discounts – You will eat well!
● Long term, stable employment.
● Positive and enthusiastic team members to work with.
● Flexible schedules (If you are a student we can work with your schedule).
If these positions interest to you but you aren’t sure if your experience is applicable, just apply anyway! We are always looking for people from diverse backgrounds who bring a little extra to the table.
Our current hours of operation are Tuesday to Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Sunday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
These hours are reduced due to COVID and are subject to change in the future.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply via email with a resume and non-traditional cover letter telling us a little about yourself
email [email protected]
If you wish to check us out in person please feel free to drop by in person Tuesday to Saturday.
If you love food, working with people and enjoy a lively market atmosphere we look forward to hearing from you!